Heartland currently offers the following small group opportunities for fun and fellowship
- Prime Timers – Gathering of older adults for lunch and fellowship the last Wednesday of each month, 11:30 a.m. at a local restaurant. Contact: Marilyn Finney
- Tuesday Calvin & Hops: Theology & Beer – Conversation, community, and fun every other Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. Join us at Rookies Sports Bar & Grill, 2180 NW 156th St. in Clive. Contact: Alex Thornburg
- Thursday Heartland Downtown Lunch – Gather for lunch on Thursdays to eat and enjoy good company and strengthen friendships. This informal lunch group meets periodically on Thursdays for lunch at Smokey Row, 1910 Cottage Grove Ave., Des Moines, near Martin Luther King, Jr. Parkway and I-235. Contact: Alex Thornburg
- TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) Morning Coffee – Very Informal gathering for morning coffee in the Community Center at Heartland Presbyterian Church, Fridays at 9:00 a.m. Contact: Joyce Hoffman
- Monthly Book Club – The Heartland Book Club meet monthly on Sundays at 5:00 p.m. to discuss a book they’ve been reading. Contact: Darla Hollinger
- Extended Table – Monthly dinners are available to meet others in a small gathering around a meal. 3 couples or groups of 6 meet monthly during the program year.